Monday, April 28, 2008

Project Runway 4




Christian Siriano won season 4 of “Project Runway” Wednesday night and let’s be honest, didn’t surprise anyways. He stood out on episode one as someone who would be a fan favorite, similar to Santino from season 2. Here’s an excerpt from an interview he gave to “The Dish.”

“What do you think it is about Project Runway that draws the gays?

The gays like Project Runway because it’s a fashion, and the gays are into fashion and into design. It’s a creative industry, and most of the gays are pretty creative, in general. That’s just like the culture. We’re not all into politics necessarily. We’re more into the creative environment. I also think Heidi is a big draw. The boys love Heidi and think she’s so fabulous. I just think it’s a glitzy, fun show, and there are also always lots of gay boys on it, and, you know, that’s fun.”

Our intrepid friends over at "The Dish" got the first interview with Christian, after his win on "Project Runway" -- and we got to steal all the juicy "are you dating anyone" bits. Here are some of the amazing excerpts:

What do you think it is about Project Runway that draws the gays?

The gays like Project Runway because it’s a fashion, and the gays are into fashion and into design. It’s a creative industry, and most of the gays are pretty creative, in general. That’s just like the culture. We’re not all into politics necessarily. We’re more into the creative environment. I also think Heidi is a big draw. The boys love Heidi and think she’s so fabulous. I just think it’s a glitzy, fun show, and there are also always lots of gay boys on it, and, you know, that’s fun.

We ask every season: Any hanky panky backstage? Did you have a crush on anyone?

I was so tired during the show I don’t think I thought about sex one day! Are you joking?! I was tired! Just no. No way. Not one day, I was not even interested, I didn’t even want people to touch me I was so tired.

Did you just know that Victoria Beckham would like your collection?

In the back of my head, I’m not going lie, I was like, “Victoria’s the judge. This is me.” She’s who I design for! She’s English, she’s from Europe, she’s very very into high fashion, and some of her favorite designers are McQueen and Chanel and Lagerfeld, you know? I knew there was no way she was not going to like what I did. It was amazing because she’s someone I would actually want to try to dress. I actually think I said when we first started and Bravo asked us all who we’d want to dress, I’m pretty sure I said Victoria Beckham. Well, and I said Britney, but actually I said I wanted to save Britney! My new goal in life is to come up with my new reality show called Project Britney where I transform her and I save her life and make her the most fabulous person ever! She needs a gay! She has no gays! Have you ever noticed that? She has no gay boys helping her! She only has straight people and, no offense, but straighties don’t know how to fix the divas! It’s so weird! I’ve never seen any gay stylists working her.

Are you dating anyone now?

I’m dating someone now, and I actually met him because of Project Runway. He found me on MySpace. He works for an online magazine and he wrote to me and asked for an interview, and we just started hanging out after that. Project Runway helped my love life, what up!


Which designers from past seasons were your favorites?

Season 1 I thought was so amazing, and even though Jay is such a douchebag I thought he was really talented. I think Kara Saun was really great, Austin too. I just think the first season was really great. I actually enjoyed Laura Bennett as a person, and liked some of her pieces. I liked Uli’s style, and I even liked a few of the things that Mychael did. Everyone was so in love with Chloe and Daniel and Santino in the second season, and I actually wasn’t that big of a fan. It was a fun season, but I don’t know. I always thought they should mix up the seasons and they should: He, me and them, and we should all compete against each other. I’ve never met Daniel, but he and Jay actually sat behind my mother and sister at the show and she said that they were so nice and so friendly to them, which was really great. But, yeah. Don’t meet Jay -- he’s horrible -- but Daniel’s great!


You wonnn! Where are you going on your vacation? What have you been doing since the win?

I won. Oh My God – it’s so amazing, and I just never thought! I did what I can on the show to do – just to wow people and I think I did. I’m so happy and the best part is that no one can take it away forever. I love that! No matter what happens. I’m too busy to take a break. I have two wedding dresses due next month. I did a benefit on Saturday and my garment sold for $50,000 that I donated to the Baltimore School for the Arts, my high school. It was great and more to come! Crazy, crazy, crazy. I love every second.

What are you going to spend the money on?

I’m going to spend the money on taking over my apartment, first of all. My roommate, when she moves out, I’m going to just keep her room for myself. I’m also going to get a studio space. I’m going to finally get a bed! I’m going to spend a lot of money on a fabulous bed. All the rest will probably just go to next season.

I’ve showed to a couple stores, so I’ve had a couple buyers, but I’m going to show next season. I’ll probably show in the tent again, I’m going to do a big show. Next season will be more me. It’s hard because I’ve been working so hard on this collection and I can’t really sell it. Next season, my designs will be fair game, don’t worry!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...